What are Some SSRI Medications and Side Effects They Can Cause?
With the continuous studies and research projects that are being performed, there is more and more prescription medications used for depression symptoms that are being released onto the market. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, known as SSRIs is one of the recently released medications that works very effective at reducing symptoms that are most commonly associated with mental health disorders such as depression. A few of the SSRIs that many physicians and specialists commonly prescribe to patients suffering from depression would include the following:
- Sertraline – also known as Zoloft
- Citalopram – also known as Celexa
- Paroxetine – also known as Pexeva
- Escitalopram – also known as Lexapro
- Fluoxetine – also known as Prozac